Awards cap Alonzo’s year as association president
Illinois Association of REALTORS Board of Directors President Loretta Alonzo presented five awards Tuesday to association members and association staff for leadership. Receiving Presidential Medallions were:
- IAR past president REALTOR Pat Callan, broker owner of Realty Executives, Wheaton, was recognized for his leadership as chair of the IAR Governance Task Force for his ability to give an equal voice and reach consensus on complex issues.
- Terry Penza, CAE, RCE, Association Executive for the North Shore/Barrington association of REALTORS for her dedication to the REALTOR association at all levels and national recognition as the 2012 William R. Magel Award of Excellence.
- REALTOR Richard Davis, president of the Egyptian Board of REALTORS for his strong support of RPAC in a tough economy and rising to a challenge leading to seven major investors from his southern Illinois region from zero.
- IAR Housing Policy Advisor Sharon Gorrell for her work on behalf of IAR members with national, regional, and state housing panels and in particular Illinois Congressional leaders on loan limits and the overall impact of regulation on housing in Illinois.
- REALTOR Lisa Keating, GRI, for her leadership as chair of the Political Fundraising Working Group and surpassing the RPAC fundraising goal, the National Association of REALTORS fundraising goal, and Major Investor and Presidents Circle goals.
- Gary Clayton, CAE, RCE, IAR’s CEO was recognized for his 25 years as head of the association. He was recognized as a leader at both the state and national levels for his work.