In one week the spotlight will be on open houses as REALTORS® from around the country hold the events as part of the National Association of REALTORS®’ annual effort.
Why should buyers participate in Open House Weekend April 20-21?
- Reason #1: Open House Weekend is a great opportunity for buyers to shop for a new home from a wide selection while interest rates are still low and affordability is at an all-time high. After all, most economists say that it’s not a matter of “if” mortgage rates will go up, it’s “when.”
- Reason #2: REALTORS® are opening the doors to home-ownership by simplifying the house-hunting process. Open House Weekend is a time-saver by offering buyers a convenient way to visit a large number of homes in a short period of time.
- Reason #3: This event offers buyers the chance to see REALTORS® in action. Open House Weekend is fantastic way for buyers to find an approachable, knowledgeable expert that can help them navigate the home purchasing process.
Why should sellers participate in Open House Weekend?
- Reason #1: Open House Weekend is a tremendous opportunity for sellers to get their properties noticed. This event is designed to give sellers the chance to showcase their homes and, as a result, draw the attention of prospective buyers.
- Reason #2: This event is an unique way for sellers to find out more about their local markets. Open House Weekend will allow sellers to see firsthand comparable homes for sale. This will provide insight on many other aspects of a real estate transaction, including ways to improve the marketability of their homes.
- Reason #3: It’s not just potential buyers who will attend Open House Weekend. Other REALTORS®, who can provide valuable feedback on a home and its staging, will participate in the event.
Visit www.YourIllinoisHome.com for tips for buying and selling a home, financing, market facts and how to find an Illinois REALTOR®.