On any given weekend, REALTORS® in Illinois communities both large and small are showcasing their listings and their market expertise by holding open houses for the public. With REALTORS® Nationwide Open House Weekend coming up on April 20-21, what can you do to make sure your open house efforts are a success?
In the April issue of Illinois REALTOR® magazine, real estate professionals share some of their ideas for getting more out of open houses including giving curious neighbors their own showing and playing up the listing’s unique architectural or historical strengths.
“I believe in (open houses) because agents will pick up buyers, it promotes our brand and our name and it gets the community excited,” says Woodstock, Ill. REALTOR® Casey Meyers. “It’s the best kind of marketing.”
Tips from the pros:
- Use social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter to help spread the word.
- Partner with local restaurants and businesses to give away prizes or gift certificates to open house attendees.
- Group open houses together to make it a bigger and broader event.
- When you hold an open house, be sure to analyze what works, what doesn’t and what buyers are interested in afterwards.
- Break out of the Sunday rut and consider holding an open house midweek or at night.