More than 200 of the Illinois Association of REALTORS® most involved members in Governmental Affairs, advocacy and RPAC fundraising gather in East Peoria this week starting today, Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2014.
“Resolve to be Involved” is a theme that permeates the IAR Public Policy Meetings as these REALTOR® leaders ultimately will head back to their local communities and work with their REALTOR® colleagues around the state to fight for private property rights, monitor and act on legislation affecting homeowners, landlords and commercial property owners.
Illinois REALTORS®, join the movement! #PowerofR #IARPublicPolicy
- RESOLVE to attend the Illinois REALTOR® Lobby Day April 1 in Springfield.
- RESOLVE to get involved in the three Habitat for Humanity projects organized by the Illinois Association of REALTORS® in 2014.
- RESOLVE to support the REALTOR® Tornado Relief efforts as rebuilding continues in many Illinois communities.
- RESOLVE to respond to Calls for Action issued by the Illinois Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS®.
- RESOLVE to VOTE in the March 18 Illinois General Primary and the November 4 Illinois General Election.
- RESOLVE to use the free RVOICE consumer brochures and advocacy tools to inform your clients and customers of the value you as a REALTOR® bring to them and their community.
- RESOLVE to invest in RPAC.
- RESOLVE to help create a culture of RPAC giving by becoming a 2014 “1000 Points of Light” RPAC Ambassador.
- RESOLVE to share your time and knowledge by serving your local association and IAR on a task force or committee.
- RESOLVE to uphold the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.