The Illinois Association of REALTORS® and the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) are involved in 10 “Opportunity Races” for the March 18 Illinois Primary. These are races for local office including one REALTOR® Mark Batinick (97th District) who is running for an open seat in the Illinois House.
As we know, getting a pro-REALTOR® (and even better, a REALTOR®) elected to the General Assembly or at the local level such as the County Board is ideal. There they can help us stop bad bills that impact homeowners and the business of real estate. Here’s the list of “Opportunity Races,” which are races that allow for greater RPAC support as well as postcard mailings for the candidates to registered REALTOR® voters in their district. What can you do? VOTE!
- Ron Sandack (81st District) re-election as State Representative
- Ed Sullivan (51st District) re-election as State Representative
- Dennis Reboletti (24th District) running for Illinois Senate (currently in the House)
- REALTOR® Mark Batinick (97th District) running for an open House seat
- Sandra Pihos (48th District) re-election as State Representative
- Margo McDermed (37th District) running for an open House seat
- Alan Kurtz (7th District) Champaign County Board
- Jim Moustis (2nd District) Will County Board
- Walter Adamic / Diane Zigrossi slate (9th District) Will County Board
- Susan Hart / Chuck Maher slate (11th District) Will County Board