Congratulations to Illinois REALTOR® Mark Batinick, who beat out two other opponents to win the Republican primary for State Representative of the 97th District seat on Tuesday. Batinick, a REALTOR® who lives in Plainfield, is running for an open seat in the Illinois House. He will face Democrat Dennis Grosskopf in the November General Election.
Batinick’s race was one of 10 local and state Opportunity Races REALTORS® were supporting in the Primary Election.
Among the other primary wins:
- Ron Sandack (81st District) re-election as State Representative
- Ed Sullivan (51st District) re-election as State Representative
- Margo McDermed (37th District) running for an open House seat
- Suzanne Hart / Chuck Maher slate (11th District) Will County Board
- Jim Moustis (2nd District) Will County Board
- Walter Adamic (9th District) Will County Board
- Dennis Reboletti (24th District) running for Illinois Senate (currently in the House)
- Sandra Pihos (48th District) re-election as State Representative
- Alan Kurtz (7th District) Champaign County Board
- Diane Zigrossi slate (9th District) Will County Board
Voters handily defeated Home Rule initiatives in the villages of both Merrionette Park and Rochester.