Leasing agent licensees in the State of Illinois are required to renew their license prior to July 31 and complete six hours of continuing education (CE).
- Renewal period for the 2014 renewal is Aug. 1, 2012 through July 31, 2014.
- Leasing agents are required to complete three core hours and three elective hours of CE.
- Leasing agents are exempt from CE for the first renewal only.
Renew your leasing agent license electronically through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR). Check the expiration date of your license, get appropriate forms and review Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
When to renew via paper form
If you change your name, address or sponsor, you need to use the paper renewal application and mail it to IDFPR prior to the July 31 deadline. Changing a sponsor requires an additional $25 fee and a new 45-day permit sponsor card.
Save $50 by renewing on time
The license fee to renew prior to the deadline is $100, while the cost increases to $150 on Aug. 1 and beyond.
Need CE hours?
Get your CE through the IAR REALTOR® Store at the low price of $19.95 per course with convenient proctor locations at no additional cost! These three-hour credit courses will help you meet the six-hour requirement and provide timely information geared toward the Leasing agent:
- Core B Home Study: COR 1662 – CORE B: Legal Issues – Disclosure Issues for Landlords (Item #618); and
- Elective Home Study: PM 613 – Leasing Residential Property (Item #613).