2014 Illinois Association of REALTORS® Political Involvement Award Honoree Stan Sieron
Congratulations to Illinois REALTOR® Stan Sieron, of Stan Sieron and Company in Belleville, on receiving this year’s Illinois Association of REALTORS® Political Involvement Award.
The award is given for outstanding political and legislative service to the REALTOR® organization. Sieron is an industry leader who is a standout when it comes to his ongoing dedication to grassroots involvement and political advocacy for the REALTOR® community.
He is a member of the REALTOR® Association of Southwestern Illinois and in 2006, served as president of the Illinois Association of REALTORS®. He has served on a variety of committees at the state level including many related to political involvement and advocacy including the REALTORS® Political Involvement Committee, the State Legislative Contacts Working Group and the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) Trustees.
He is among an elite group of members of the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) Hall of Fame, having been inducted in 2012. He also is a member of the Illinois RPAC President’s Circle and continues to be a Major Investor year after year.
IAR President Phil Chiles congratulates Stan Sieron on being named the winner of the Political Involvement Award for the Illinois Association of REALTORS®.
1. All courses earn you 6 hours of CE credit!
2. It’s still November – Designation Awareness Month.
3. GRI is a great referral source. Make a friend who’s not from your area and gain a referral source for the rest of your career.
4. The Westin Chicago Northwest is close to Woodfield Mall and Yorktown Center, so you can add holiday shopping & dining to your GRI checklist.
Find course details, a schedule and registration links at www.illinoisrealtor.org/GRI.
Here’s a look at what REALTORS® came to learn about at this year’s Real Estate Barcamp powered by the Illinois Young Professionals Network, held earlier this week in St. Charles, Ill. These topics determined the final REbarcamp sessions: Social Media, Referrals & Lead Generation, Paperless & Productivity, Technology Management, Negotiation People Skills & Tactics, Marketing to the Media, Mobile Apps, The Future of the Industry, The Art of Your Brand, YouTube, Video with Animoto,iPad, Android or Windows?
Typical with barcamps, the topics focused largely on technology and social media. Here’s a quick list of apps shared among barcamp attendees:
- PDF Expert
- QR Reader
- Turbo Scan
- Any List
- Cam Scanner
- Scanner Pro
- Close the Sale
- Go To Meeting
- Card to Contact
- Scan Bix Cards
- Dot Loop
- HP12C Financial Calculater
- Zillow Mortgages
- Walk Score
- GAS Buddy
- Open House Home Pro
- Pic Stitch
- Snap Seed
- Google+ and Google Hangout
- Zipit Radon
Mobile technology has become a must-have business tool for today’s real estate agent and there are a number of apps that make it easier than ever to connect with clients, get organized and get work done when you are away from the office.
Steve Volkodav, CEO of the North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS®, highlighted some popular apps in the Oct. 3 session, “App Swap,” at the Illinois Association of REALTORS® Fall Conference & Expo in St. Charles, Ill.
There was also an overview of REPurposed Apps, a website for National Association of REALTORS® members to share, recommend and review mobile apps.
Some of apps to check out included:
1. Cloud storage options: Google Drive, Dropbox, SkyDrive
2. Password managers: Last Pass, Dashlane, 1Password
3. Draw and measure floor plans: MagicPlan, Floor Plan Creator
4. Remote access to your desktop: TeamViewer, LogMeIn, 2X
5. Note taking and organization: Evernote, PDF Expert
Dr. John Tuccillo speaks to Illinois REALTORS® on the housing market.
The steady growth in home sales and home prices that the housing market has seen in 2013 should continue into next year, said Dr. John Tuccillo, a former chief economist for the National Association of REALTORS® and the chief economist for Florida REALTORS® since 2011.
Tuccillo was the keynote speaker Thursday on the final day of the Illinois Association of REALTORS® Fall Conference & Expo in St. Charles, Ill.
In his session, “Housing and the Economy: A First Look at 2014,” he covered the real estate market, the overall economy and the impact each is having on the other.
One piece of advice he had for Illinois REALTORS®: The current housing market has become a great time for homeowners to sell. Sellers are seeing prices climb and higher interest rates are prompting buyers to buy now before rates rise higher.
“This is a slam dunk seller’s market,” Tuccillo said, adding that REALTORS® should put a strong focus on working the listing side of the transaction.
Other takeaways from his session:
- There are no good markets or bad markets, just real estate markets that you have anticipated or have caught you by surprise. REALTORS® who can anticipate what their local market will do will be ahead of the game. “If you can anticipate where the market is going to go, you win.”
- Understand your local market. Knowledge of your market is what matters to your bottom line.
- Consumer confidence is growing, but hasn’t gotten to the point of being overly exuberant. The federal government shutdown, continuing credit restrictions on mortgage financing, and other factors will continue to impact the housing recovery.
- Mortgage interest rates, while rising in recent months, are still historically low. Expect rates to rise next year.